Lucas and his fancy Hearing Aids!


Monday, June 28, 2010

Appointment with the ENT doctor

Friday rolled around and we met with the ENT doctor. I am horrible with names, and can't remember it right now! Anyway, he asked us a bunch of questions. Family history: has anyone in either family ever had hearing loss from birth? No. Illnesses: was I sick at all while pregnant? Did I have CMV? Were either of us sick after he was born? No.

I told him about the responses we had seen. He said that didn't seem all that loud (under the 85 decibel range). He had to leave for a second and came back with our audiologist. He said he wanted to repeat the ABR based off our history and the responses we had seen. I was skeptical we would get a different response since they had been consistant. I asked him if those tests were sometimes wrong and he said "absolutely". I asked him a few questions about cochlear implants (that I can't even remember now!) and we made the next appointment for a few weeks from then.

I decided that in that time I would just continue to research our options and information on cochlear implants. I wasn't going to get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment