Lucas and his fancy Hearing Aids!


Monday, June 28, 2010

List of "hearing responses"

So we continued to see what looked like responses to sound. Which was very confusing considering the test results. I tried to not to go out of my way to look for responses (though I'm sure I have) and I also only recorded responsed where the only thing happening at that moment was the sound. No vibrations, no movement, wind etc. I ended up with a pretty good list to take to the audiologist. I didn't write it down to convince myself he could hear, but to have as a record to give to them if they asked. It has been confusing, because he will have a reaction that will seem like a normal infant reaction to being woken up by sound, and then remember that he's not supposed to be able to hear. He doesn't startle though, he just stirs awake.

Here it is:

Lucas’ Reactions
• Behavioral response at Audi to sound emitted in his Right Ear-2 wks old
• Startled at Loud Shriek make by brother- 2 wks old
• Startled at Door being slammed- two separate times ~2 wks old
• Startled at chair being dragged across tile floor- ~3 weeks old
• Seemingly startled when he was waking up and I called his name- ~4/5 weeks
• Started crying immediately following talking on the phone from being fast asleep in his car seat- ~June 11th
• Seemed VERY overwhelmed in a loud restaurant- June 11th
• Started waking up when people started talking in the next room- no movement involved –June 12th
• Moaned right after dog shook his collar- June 12th
• Woke up completely when dogs barked at doorbell- June 12th
• Startled when the phone was on speakerphone and person on other end started talking – June 12th
• Unmuted loud tv while he was sleeping and he stirred immediately- 6/13/10
• Jingling dog collar and son throwing blocks into plastic bin woke him up- 6/13
• When sitting against my chest facing out, he looked up at me twice when I was calling his name- 6/17
• Blocks being thrown into plastic bin woke him up again- 6/17
• Woke up when I came into room talking 6/18
• Woke up when I came into room and shut door 6/18
• Son shrieking/throwing fit in car woke him up 6/19
• Woke up when I came into room and shut door 6/21
• Woke up when dog shook and jingled his collar 6/21

No comments:

Post a Comment